The SQLMaestros Master Class is a live Instructor-led training program delivered online through the GoToMeeting platform. GoToMeeting is the most popular webcasting tool used for collaborating in real time. It has some very powerful features which will be used by our trainers to provide you the best online training experience. All you need is a good internet connection, headset, and GoToMeeting installed in your system (one-time setup). You need to ensure that the GotoMeeting application or your system audio/voice is not blocked by the firewall.
We will be conducting test session a week before the scheduled class for our registered participants. You can join the test session to check if the online platform (GotoMeeting) and your system audio settings are working fine and ensure that you don’t face any technical glitches during the master class sessions.
Refer to the Registration process to understand how we take your inputs in deciding the batch timings. Once the batch timings are finalized, we would be sharing a detailed schedule of your master class along with the invite URL for each session. As you are aware, master class is a 40-hour training course divided into ten sessions, each session being 4.30 hours (with two 15-min breaks). Check our Master Class Schedule. The 15 min breaks are flexible depending on the flow of the training.
You would be receiving an invite URL before each session. You just need to click on the link to join the session at the scheduled time. No ID and password is required to login. Participants are expected to login 15 minutes before the scheduled time and be ready for the session. Please ensure that the audio settings are working properly. Session will begin as per the scheduled time.
You will have to set up your own environment to practice the hands-on-labs. The setup is very easy. Once you are registered for the class, we will share a setup guide which will contain step-by-step instructions. In case of any help required, SQLMaestros can assist you.
Please note that you will need your own Azure account for the following master classes:
- SQL Server 2014/2016 Master Class
- Advanced DBA Master Class
- Azure Data Platform Master Class
- Microsoft Business Intelligence & Analytics Master Class
We would be providing you with two sets of course materials
- Course Manuals.
These are instructor decks exported in PDF format. The course manuals are locked to provide access to only one device.
SQLMaestros Hands-On-Labs is another learning solution from SQLMaestros. It is a library of documents (HOLs) that allows you to practice a concept step-by-step. Each lab document consists of multiple exercises and each exercise consists of multiple tasks. Apart from step-by-step instructions, the HOL document contains images, explanations, observations, notes, tips & tricks to ensure a great learning experience.
As a master class participant, you will get a complementary 6-month access to Hands-On-Labs. All master class labs are hosted in the library. Apart from practicing course-specific labs, you will have access to the entire library for six months. You are most welcome to learn & practice beyond the master class.
Now that you have understood all about the online master class, let us visualize how does a typical session look like:
- You are successfully registered for the class and have the full session schedule.
- You will click on the session URL 15 minutes before the start time.
- You will verify that your audio is working fine.
- You will put your phones on silent mode and any external distraction should be avoided during the session.You will mute your microphone unless you have to speak. You are now ready for the session to begin.
- Likewise, the instructor is already online and will ensure all protocols are followed.
- The instructor begins the session as per the scheduled time. It is two-way interaction as good as a classroom, albeit virtual.
- The instructor delivers the content. You can talk freely, ask questions, etc.
- Instructors give live demos by sharing screen.
- You will have two breaks of 15 mins each during the session.
- At the end of the session, the instructor will guide you to complete the hands-on-labs for the just concluded session. Remember, you already have access to the HOLs service. Anytime before the next day’s session, you have to ensure that you have completed the labs.
- The session ends as per the scheduled time. You log out.
- You receive a reminder email for the next day’s session.
Have you read the FAQs?