Use Discount Code: SQLFAST to get 50% off. Limited Period Offer.
Dates: 21 & 22 July (Wednesday & Thursday)
Time: 10:30 AM to 02:30 PM EDT (View in your timezone)
One fine day you realize that you have to start tuning SQL Server for better performance. The need might have arisen from a recent performance issue, or the barrage of support tickets that are filling your inbox, or maybe your boss assigned this to you after realizing that SQL Server performance troubleshooting is not his cup of tea. Irrespective of the reason, the challenge is upon you to identify, diagnose and fix a variety of performance issues that are plaguing your SQL Server environment.
Performance troubleshooting can be categorized as proactive, real-time & reactive. If a well-defined methodology is followed during the proactive phase, you will have less fire-fighting during the real-time troubleshooting phase and you will have a lot of meaningful performance data to work within the reactive phase, which will further help you in preventing performance cases.
Join this demo-filled, 8-hour class, where you will learn the three approaches of SQL Server performance troubleshooting & tuning. You will learn the practical way, exactly like how you would troubleshoot in the real world with lots of code and scripts. Amongst many takeaways, here are some interesting ones:
- Develop a performance troubleshooting methodology for the real-world
- Learn how to benchmark and baseline (and also take away a framework, ready-to-use)
- Analyzing and troubleshooting common wait types
- Proactive, reactive, and real-time CPU troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting IO performance bottlenecks
- Tracking SQL Server memory consumption and fixing OOM errors
- Dealing with Tempdb madness
- Top 6 query tuning techniques that will solve 75% of performance issues (real-world query tuning)
- Top 3 indexing strategies that will fix 60% indexing woes
- Get rid of deadlocks (yes, you hear it right)
- SQL Server 2019 performance enhancements